WELCOME!

We are a group of ESL-ers in Cleveland Ohio who are trying to teach refugees and immigrants basic survival English.

We invite you to join us with your posts.
We will try to put articles of interest to those of you who share your talents and time with the newly arrived in our cities.


Some of our students learning.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Day in the Life of: continued

Remember last month?  We took a job and wrote a paragraph about it and then had our students fill in the blanks. Another way to use the paragraph is to ask questions.

Ben - teacher

I’m Ben.  I work in a school.  I work full-time.  I start work at 9am.  Every day, I prepare and teach lessons.  I’m very busy.  I also mark work.  I finish work at 5pm. 

TASK 4:  Answer the questions.  Write sentences.

Ben  

1.      What is his job title?          _________________________  

2.    Does he work full-time?         _________________________

3.    Where does he work?          ____________________________

4.    What time does he start?         ___________________________

5.    What time does he finish?  ____________________________

6.    Is he busy?                         ____________________________


TASK 5: Read the information. Can you find the verbs?

Martha - food assistant

Hello, I’m Martha.  I have a part-time job.  I work on Saturday and Sunday.  I make sandwiches in a café.  I work in the local park.  I start at 7am and finish at 4pm.  I also serve coffee and fill the fridge. 

Read the text again then write about Martha. 

This is Martha.  She has a part-time job.
________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________

We will continue with more ways to use the jobs for lessons next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment